Hammad Baig will present 'International Trade & The Customs Duty Regime - Live at Your Desk' Online Sessions.
This virtual classroom session split into 2 parts is aimed at those advising on importation of goods in the United Kingdom. The session will also address how goods are moving in and out of Northern Ireland.
The session is a must for lawyers, accountants, tax advisers, shipping and freight agents dealing with clients involved in trade with the EU or with other countries.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018
- Taxation (Cross-border Trade) Act 2018
- Current status of EU customs law
- Trade and Cooperation Agreement
- Cross border trade
- Importation of goods and the C88
- Payment of duties
- Deferred declaration
- Duty Deferment Scheme
- Advantages of duty deferment
- Transit, transhipment and temporary storage
- Authorised Economic Operators
- Economic Operator Registration and Identification Scheme
- The role of the World Trade Organization
The Northern Ireland Protocol:
- Northern Ireland to Great Britain
- Great Britain to Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland to and from the EU
- Northern Ireland to and from the remaining jurisdictions
- Duties - Ad valorem customs duties, Incoterms© and more
- Administration and appeals
- Customs debt
- Retrospective recovery of duty
- Classification codes and systems
- Inward processing relief
- Customs warehousing
- Tariff quotas
- Outward processing relief
- Temporary admission (temporary importation relief)
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Sign up here.