(In Person Seminar ) An Essential Guide to Current Issues - Planning, Funding and Protecting Your Property Development (Hybrid Event)
BOOK YOUR PLACE
Date and time Wed, 29 September 2021: 09:30 – 12:15 BST
Location Sedulo, The Amber Club 23 Park Square South Leeds LS1 2ND
About this event
The Government are telling developers to ‘build, build, build’ however but there are a number of practical and economic financial issues for developers to consider. In a time when the funding market is ever-changing, there is uncertainty regarding property prices and supply chain issues around building materials, and the planning process is complicated, protracted and full of pitfalls, developers have an ever greater number of considerations regarding structuring and financing developments. Increasingly we are seeing collaboration between those involved in property to share the risk and rewards associated with property development.
This seminar, featuring 4 expert speakers, will cover a range of topics that will greatly interest for property investors, property developers and professionals associated with the property industry, including architects, surveyors and builders to consider.
Thise seminar combines the opportunity to attend either a face-to-face seminar in Leeds city centre (subject to capacity limits) or the ability to watch the seminar live online. For those in personal attendance, there will be an opportunity to network with other property professionals to forge new relationships and business opportunities.
• 9.30am – Registration and Networking for those attending the physical seminar;
• 10.00am – Webinar and Seminar Start and Introduction from Nigel Edwards QC
• 10.05am - Kevin Leigh – Barrister, Head of Planning, Property and Environment at 33 Bedford Row – ‘Planning Your Development’ – an overview of current planning policy and development issues
• 10.30am - Richard Coulthard – Partner, Ison Harrison – ‘Structuring Your Development’ – an overview on options for structuring developments and contractual considerations around this.
• 10.50am - Michelle Lowe – Head of Property Finance, Sedulo - ‘Funding Your Development’ – an overview of the current funding market
• 11.10am - Ian Anderson – Partner, Ison Harrison – ‘An Introduction to the pitfalls of notifiable construction projects’ – a review of the CDM regulations and pitfalls around Health & Safety on site.
• 11.30am – Close and Questions hosted by Nigel Edwards QC
• 11.40am – Online webinar end and face to face networking for on-site attendees
• 12.15pm – Event close
It is anticipated that this will be a busy event and spaces at the face-to-face seminar will be limited. This listing is for the in-person tickets,. If you would like to watch virtually, please follow this link instead
About our Speakers
Kevin Leigh – Kevin is one of the country’s leading Planning Law Barristers at 33 Bedford Row Chambers in Leeds, and London and Chepstow. Kevin specialises in advising developers on complex planning and property matters. Kevin is also himself a property developer and investor.
Richard Coulthard – Richard is a Partner and Head of Corporate and Commercial Law at Ison Harrison Solicitors. Richard has previously advised major financial institutions and now advises property developers and investors on issues such as joint ventures, portfolio structure and corporate finance.
Michelle Lowe – Michelle is the Head of Property Finance at Sedulo. Michelle has advised on hundreds of millions of pounds of property related finance including development finance and bridging. Michelle advises investors and developers of a range of sizes on complex finance needs.
Ian Anderson – Ian is a Partner and Head of Regulatory at Ison Harrison Solicitors. Ian has extensive experience in advising on CDM Regulations, Health and Safety on site and defending prosecutions from the Health & Safety Executive. Ian has experience in advising national developers on these issues.