33 Bedford Row Chambers and Arbitral Women are putting on a 'Expert Evidence in Arbitration' event on Tuesday 26 November 2019, between 6 pm and 8 pm.
The event will consist of short talks on important expert evidence topics, followed by a drinks reception.
The event will take place at the offices of Pinsent Masons, 30 Crown Place, Earl Street, London EC2A 4ES.
The moderators and speakers will be:
(1) Saadia Bhatty, Gide Loyrette Nouel;
(2) Hayley Boxall, Pinsent Masons;
(3) Amanda Lee, Seymours / Arbitral Women;
(4) Victor Leginsky, Arbitralis ADR;
(5) The Honourable Barry Leon, Arbitrators@33bedfordrow;
(6) Dr Tariq Mahmood, Arbitrators@33bedfordrow;
(7) Maurice O'Carroll, Arbitrators@33bedfordrow;
(8) Emilia Onyema, SOAS, University of London;
(9) Liz Perks, Haberman Ilett;
(10) Richard Twomey, DWF Law LLP (moderator).
The talks will be on:
(1) Party-Appointed v. Tribunal-Appointed Experts
(2) Determining Whether to Have Expert Evidence and on Which Issues
(3) Determining Whether to Use Experts on Law
(4) Selection of Experts: Considerations and Best Practices
(5) Focusing Party-Appointed Expert Evidence
(6) Preparing Expert Reports and Witness Statements: Best Practices
(7) Methods of Presenting Expert Evidence
(8) Specialized Expertise: Tutorial Sessions, Assessors & Technical Advisors
(9) What Arbitrators Like and Don’t Like in Expert Evidence
(10) Tips from an Expert Witness on Effective Expert Evidence
To register, email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and affiliation.
A flyer for the event, can be found here.
For further information about Arbitral Women, click here.
For a LinkedIn post for the event, click here