Planning Inquiries *LIVE* on YouTube
Kevin Leigh Head of Planning, Property and Environment team at 33 Bedford Row will start a 2 week inquiry commencing on Monday 10th May at 1.30pm which is a recovered jurisdiction appeal where the SoS will determine the appeal and not the inspector.
It concerns circa 1000 homes in Woking (with buildings up to 10 floors), a new Woking football stadium and a relocated David Lloyds Centre. There will be evidence from experienced planners, transport specialists, a daylight/sunlight specialist, an architect and various lay witnesses. The council officers and political leadership supported the scheme but the members (planning committee) overturned the recommendation to approve. Therefore outside consultants have been employed by the council to defend its decision.
If you are interested in this and Planning Law in general please follow the link to watch.
Our clients range from individual landlords and tenants, to local authorities, large corporations and national property developers. We also provide drafting and advisory services.
Our expertise extends to:
- Boundaries – construction of transfers, adverse possession and estoppel
- Business Rates and Council Tax
- Commons and village greens
- Construction and building disputes
- Conveyancing – registration, construction of contracts, rectification, termination, options, pre-emption rights and overage
- Co-ownership – express, constructive and resulting trusts, equitable accounting, proprietary estoppel and TLATA 1996
- Covenants against assignment
- Easements and highways – rights of way, light and support
- Claims under The Inheritance Act 1975
- Landlord and tenant
- Leasehold enfranchisement
- Lease termination and possession – surrender, forfeiture, relief and waiver, disclaimer, break clauses
- Mortgages and charges – legal and equitable, priorities, undue influence, mortgages’ duties, receivers
- Professional negligence – (including conveyancers and surveyors)
- Profits – water and sporting rights
- Real property
- Rectification and construction of contracts
- Rent reviews
- Restrictive covenants – enforceability, and removal or modification in the Lands Tribunal
- Security of tenure – business lease renewal, residential security of tenure, agricultural successions, licences and service occupiers
- Trespass and nuisance
- Trusts, settlements, wills and probate